This morning we are going to cover 3 critical questions which hold eternal significance for you, your family, your friends and even your enemies. It is vital that you know the answers to each question. Truth demands justice … only love demands mercy. Thank God the Truth loves you! First question:
1. How do I know I am a Child of God?
There are two essential elements present in the life of a Child of God.
Galatians 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
o Inner Witness
Romans 8:16 The Spirit itself bears witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
1 John 5:13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.
2. How will others know I am a Child of God?
There are also two essential elements which should be evident in the life of every Child of God.
o Love & Righteousness (To Live a Life Right With God)
1 John 3:10 In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: Whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is he who does not love his brother.
3. How can I help others to become a Child of God?
o Care enough to share …
§ We have been given a great and precious privilege
§ We, the children of God, are the Fragrance of Christ
2 Corinthians 2
15 For we are to God the fragrance of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing.
· We smell like Jesus
· There is a spiritual fragrance known to God and to the souls of men
· God is using us like a recognizable perfume
· A reminder of Jesus in the hands of God
· Among both the saved and the unsaved
16 To the one we are the aroma of death leading to death, and to the other the aroma of life leading to life. And who is sufficient for these things?
· We are a reminder first to the lost of their lost estate and the eternal death that awaits the soul without Christ
· Then we are the perfume of Christ, a fragrance of life to those who know life and a reminder of the sweet life to come.
· But who could ever be that spiritually impacting on their own? No one … none of us is sufficient for these things in ourselves.
17 For we are not, as so many, peddling the word of God; but as of sincerity, but as from God, we speak in the sight of God in Christ.
Peddling – Corrupting – Watering Down – Mingling – Merchandising:
· To knowingly or unknowingly deal deceitfully with the Word of God in attempt to achieve gain hoping or moving towards a goal or desire to procure for the speaker advancement in any arena of life from money and fame to power or position.
· It is often done by attempting to attach a philosophical explanation to the facts of revelation making the theory as important as the fact.
· The hope is to make the cure more palatable to man’s taste than God designed it to be, when in fact in its mingled state is the rudest taste of all bringing death to the patient if embraced with confidence and claimed for truth.
· We must not mix opinions, traditions, current trends or human philosophies with the eternal Word of God lest the souls of men be laid to our charge.
How cruel to water down medicine given to the dying which cannot secure life and health without its full strength so that it tastes better and therefore will be more readily and more often received and thus elevate the peddler to servant status.
The Church and its ministry are solely responsible for the work of the Gospel and thereby deeply and awfully connected to eternal joys or everlasting woes of the souls of man.
We are the fragrance of Christ. A reminder to the souls of men that eternity awaits. For some it means life and for others death. This spiritual perfume cannot be denied.
It’s a great and precious privilege to help others become spiritually born again. We each have our primary parts to: Go; Stay; Pray; and Pay so that the pure love of God and the true Gospel of Jesus Christ can find its way to our family, friends, enemies and the coming generations.
Will you help?
In order to help others become a child of God we must first:
1. Know that we are born again.
2. Live like we are a child of God.
3. Care enough to share the truth with others in love.
Only love demands mercy …
Make your decision to do your part and be a:
Let’s make a difference for God!