Wednesday, September 7, 2016

The Always Present Truth


gtotr/ws090716

2 Peter 1  NKJV
10  Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble;
11  for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
12 ¶  For this reason I will not be negligent to remind you always of these things, though you know and are established in the present truth.
13  Yes, I think it is right, as long as I am in this tent, to stir you up by reminding you,
14  knowing that shortly I must put off my tent, just as our Lord Jesus Christ showed me.
15  Moreover I will be careful to ensure that you always have a reminder of these things after my decease.

I am aware that you may not be aware of some fundamental truths.
·        God needs help – your help.
·        You are the best He has.
·        Both the King and the Kingdom are depending on you.

Allow me to continue the hope of the Apostle Peter that after his death you might continue to be reminded of the always present truth.

Every Believer is Called and Personally Responsible

1.  To Gather
a.   Gather Together
b.   Gather Others
2.  To Grow
a.   Personal Spiritual Growth
b.   The Spiritual Growth of the Church
                                         i.    Includes evangelistic efforts both personal witnessing and cooperate growth events.
                                        ii.    Includes the responsibility to disciple the next generation so as to insure the continuance of the Church.
3.  To Give
a.   Time
b.   Talent
c.   Treasury
4.  To Go
a.   Spirit – Prayer
b.   Soul – Support
c.   Body – Personal Mission Trips
                                         i.    At home
                                        ii.    Abroad

2 Peter 1  NKJV
10  Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble;
11  for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Remember:
·        God needs help – your help!
·        You are the best He has!
·        Both the King and the Kingdom are depending on you!

Tonight I ask that you join me in making a solemn commitment to the Lord that we will take our calling and our responsibility seriously.

Won’t you stand and make this spiritual declaration along with me:

·        I will be a Gatherer
·        I will be a Grower
·        I will be a Giver
·        I will be a Goer


Let’s Pray!