Share Linda’s testimony about her pet cow … She said, “If you die it’s going to be because I killed you trying to help you, it won’t be because I stood around doing nothing and just watched you lay there and die.”
Tell the story of:
· King Jehoram, King of the ten northern tribes of Israel;
· King Benhadad of Syria
· The Siege of Samaria in 890BC during the time of Elisha the Prophet
· and 4 Leprous Men who were greatly used by God
2 Kings 7:3 And there were four leprous men at the entering in of the gate: and they said one to another, “Why sit we here ‘til we die?”
At times the only decision is the best decision.
· The 4 Leprous Men made the only sane decision they had
· Critical times call for bold decisions
· While people are waiting on a move of God … God is waiting on a move of people!
In the case of the leprous men, one man’s simple logic prevailed, as it often does. God is not opposed to reason and logic although He is superior to our reason and logic. When it is time to do something and you don’t have a word from God - do something! God directs our steps - so take one!
1 Kings 18:21 And Elijah came to all the people, and said, "How long will you falter between two opinions? If the LORD is God, follow Him; but if Baal, follow him." But the people answered him not a word.
Joshua 24:15 "And if it seems evil to you to serve the LORD, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."
Today I am asking you to make a Critical Decision for you and your family.