Gospel – Greek = euaggelion (evangelion) meaning “God’s Spell” or “God’s Good News” concerning intelligent salvation. A Good News message that was designed and is intended to be communicated in an intelligent way so as to educate the minds, motivate the hearts and transform the souls of mankind.
The first time this Gospel is mentioned in the New Testament it is referred to as the Gospel of the Kingdom and we find Jesus preaching it everywhere He went.
Matthew 4:23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease among the people.
• The Gospel of the Kingdom
• The Gospel of Christ
Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
• The Gospel of the Grace of God
Acts 20:24 "But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.
• The Gospel of Peace
Ephesians 6:15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
• The Glorious Gospel
2 Corinthians 4
3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
5 For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus’ sake.
6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
• The Everlasting Gospel
Revelation 14:6 Then I saw another angel flying in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach to those who dwell on the earth — to every nation, tribe, tongue, and people —
• The Gospel of Your Salvation
Ephesians 1:13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,
The original Greek word for Gospel is evangelion and a person who tells others about this Gospel is called an evangelist and when an evangelist shares the evangel they are said to be evangelizing. Allow me to communicate this a little better … follow this: In the Greek dictionary of the New Testament there are three words in alphabetical order:
1. euaggelizo = evangelize = to share the message of the Gospel
2. euaggelion = evangelion = the message of the Gospel
3. euaggelistes = evangelist = the one who shares the message of the Gospel
• The Gospel is the Good News
• An Evangelist is an Announcer of Good News
• To Evangelize is the act of Announcing that Good News
• The Good News is “Jesus, the Promised Messiah, the Son of God and Savior of all mankind is here with you right now and will forgive your sins right now and save your soul right now if you will only believe on Him right now!”
• When we tell others about this Good News we are Evangelizing them.
• Anyone who shares the Good News is doing the work of an Evangelist.
• When Gabriel visited Zacharias the Priests, the soon to be father of John the Baptist, the angel was evangelizing Zacharias.
Luke 1:19 And the angel answered and said to him, "I am Gabriel, who stands in the presence of God, and was sent to speak to you and bring
you these glad tidings.
• When the angel visited the shepherds in the fields at Bethlehem he was sent from heaven to evangelize them.
Luke 2:10 Then the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people.
• When John the Baptist preached repentance he was evangelizing …
Luke 3:18 And with many other exhortations he preached
to the people.
• When Jesus spoke of His calling by quoting the prophet Isaiah …
Luke 4:18 "The Spirit of the LORD is upon Me, Because He has anointed Me To preach the gospel
to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives And recovery of sight to theblind, To set at liberty those who are oppressed;
We could go on and on this morning and cover another 150 scriptures in the New Testament concerning sharing the Gospel. Paul said that the Gospel of the Kingdom is not in word only but also in power and in demonstration of the spirit.
1 Timothy 4:5 “… Do the work of an Evangelist …”
The Bible clearly and firmly instructs each born again believer to not be ashamed of the Gospel but do the work of an evangelists.
When we tell others the Good News of the Gospel message, lives are changed forever … remember – it is an everlasting Gospel!
What exactly is this Good News we are supposed to share with our friends, our family and the whole world?
• John 3: 16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
• John 3:17 "For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
• Romans 10:13 For "whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved."
14 How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher?
15 And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: "How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace
, Who bring glad tidings of good things!"
God is so grateful and so pleased with you when you take time to evangelize others by simply sharing this Good News with them. God has designed it so that the power of conviction and desire to repent is released with every kind and loving word of the Gospel. The Holy Spirit works with you when you tell others about our loving God and His only Son Jesus.
He is here with you right now to forgive you of your sins right now and to save your soul right now if you will believe right now! This is Good News!!!