Sunday, March 31, 2002

Jesus Is?

JESUS IS ?

COTR/SS033102

I. Romans 14:9

For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.

A. Christ stripped Himself of His deity and became a man

1. I would not become a dog

2. Mat 15:26 Jesus called the non-Jews, dogs. (referring to man’s earthly existence)

B. In His earthly life He made Himself just like us.

1. Philippians 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

2. Isaiah 53:2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

C. When the time came to die, He claimed no privilege

1. John 10:18 No man taketh it ,(My life), from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father. (In other words: “I don’t have to do this and no one can make me … Father left that decision to Me.”)

2. Matthew 26:53 Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?

II. What Did Jesus Do?

A. He Died (He came to earth to die for sin)

1. He paid the penalty for all mankind

2. He opened heaven’s gates for men, women, boys and girls

B. He Rose

1. Triumphant over death, hell and the grave

2. He made a shew of satan & his forces openly

3. He took the keys to hell

C. He Revived

1. He took charge and gave a future vision

2. The Great Commandment

3. He spoke as the only one who could

4. He invited us all to participate

A. Whosoever will

Revelation 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Mark 8:34 And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Matthew 16:25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

B. He that hath an ear

Revelation 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

Revelation 2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

Revelation 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

Revelation 2:29 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Revelation 3:6 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Revelation 3:13 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Revelation 3:22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

C. Lest at any time

Matthew 13:15 For this people’s heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Mark 4:12 That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.

III. Why Did He Do It?

A. To Become Lord:

1. Of The Dead

2. Of The Living

B. He became Lord of All

IV. Today, This Easter Morning, March 31, 2002 -

A. No matter who we are

B. Without regard to how our life is going

C. In whatever circumstance we may find ourselves

D. The Truth Is:

JESUS DIED

HE HAS RISEN

HE HAS REVIVED

AND

JESUS IS LORD!

and you have been given a special invitation to crown Him

Song: All hail the power of Jesus’ name