Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Truly

gtcotr/ws061224

God often hands us something He knows will help us.

He guides us in the way we should go.

God makes sense, to anyone, anywhere … He speaks everyone’s language.

As for me, when I was a young man, God gave me what I needed and positioned me in a place of His choosing so that I would find Him and get to know Him. He gave me time and set me up to see Him in the things around me.

Right now God is not one bit interested in punishing you for your past sins. He is not thinking of ways to punish you but rather He has calculated ways to position you. God is positioning you to see Him, hear Him, get to know Him, and experience Him in your life.

God has firm plans to get your attention and change your life for His glory.

As I said: God often hands us something He knows will help us. He paces us according to His lesson plan for our lives.

When God dropped in me a passion to study His Word, He also provided me with a King James Bible and a big blue hard cover Strong’s Concordance. These were perfect for where I was and how God wanted me to discover a solid rock foundation for my life at that time. For more than 45 years I have preached, counseled, did mission work, and lived my life standing on that same solid rock I first discovered for myself from the study of God’s Word. Nothing takes the place of personal Bible study.

This evening I am going to share two foundation stones I discovered from God’s Word upon which I still stand today. I will be reading them from the King James Version. The first is from the book of Numbers, chapter 14.

Numbers 14:21  But as truly as I live, all the earth shall be filled with the glory of the LORD.

The truth that overshadows every event on planet earth, in every generation, from the Ming Dynasty to the Roman Empire, and from Noah’s Ark to the 2024 elections in the US, Israel, and Great Britain, is that all the earth shall be filled with the glory of God.

Isaiah 45:23  I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

Romans 14:11  For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

Job 19 KJV

25  For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:

26  And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

This truth has kept me focused on the goal and knowing that if it is bad, God is not finished yet.

The second stone in the solid rock foundation stone of my life and ministry comes a few verses later when God makes another firm declaration.

Numbers 14:28  Say unto them, As truly as I live, saith the LORD, as ye have spoken in mine ears, so will I do to you:

The voice of my faith-filled confession gives me the opportunity and the ability to forecast my future and prophesy my victory in Christ. I refuse to believe the devil and his propaganda. The Lord is my Shepherd, and I shall not want. God is easily touched with the feelings of my infirmities. He will never leave me or forsake me. No weapon formed against me shall prevail. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, and nothing shall separate me from the Love of Christ for I am more than a conqueror.

And I won’t ever forget it or stop declaring it.

Cursing the darkness does not equal lighting a lamp. Why so downcast o my soul, put your hope in God. I would have fainted had not I believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

Look up, lift up your head, your redemption draweth nigh!

Ask God to give you a passionate desire to study His Word and to personally discover the solid rock foundation upon which you may build your life. Nothing takes the place of a personal relationship with God through:

·        His Word

·        Prayer

·        Worship

·        Gathering together with other Believers

All the things the first Church did to preserve the doctrine for us and future generations.

God had handed you something He knows will help you.