Saturday, February 23, 2019

Trust Issues


Gtcotr/ss022419

29  The LORD our God has secrets known to no one. We are not accountable for them, but we and our children are accountable forever for all that He has revealed to us, so that we may obey all the terms of these instructions. (NLT)

There are so many things we just don’t know; things for which we cannot be held accountable. Moses told us that God has reserved some things to Himself … things beyond our comprehension – above our paygrade … things He has chosen to keep hidden from us for now. If you had the opportunity, what secrets would you ask God to answer for you?

My Top 3 Unknowns

1.  Where did God come from?

I know God is eternal and has always existed and I would quickly apologize to Him for this impertinent question however, my finite brain cannot comprehend what I believe to be true. God has always been … but where did He come from? I am not having a problem with faith, only with understanding.
·        I know what I believe –  I believe the word of God.
·        I know why I believe it – because God said it.
·        I just don’t understand it and I’d like to …
·        Where did God come from?

2.  Why do bad things happen to good people?

I have received miracles, experiencing divine healing and gotten clear direction from God. I know God hears and answers prayer. Yet, I have seen good, godly, faithful, praying believers die of sickness, lose love ones, experience hardships and suffer injustice. I am not complaining, angry or afraid, and I don’t want to be the judge of other men’s hearts … but I don’t understand why bad things happen to God’s precious children.
·        I will not make my why greater than my faith.
·        I will not waste my life on questions which cannot be answered.
·        I will not accept the comforting words of a man as my final answer.
·        I just don’t understand why bad things happen to good people –  and I’d like to …

3.  What is on the other side of the last thing there is?

You know, when you go to the very last inch of the universe and stand on the edge of all that is, no matter how far that takes you, what’s just beyond that? Emptiness you suggest? How much emptiness I reply? What contains that emptiness? Where are the borders and what lies beyond them? It’s seems to be a never-ending question.
·        It won’t mean anything to anyone I suppose.
·        It doesn’t change a thing.
·        I just don’t understand it and I’d like to …
·        But God is keeping that a secret from us for now.
·        Therefore, I am not accountable to anyone to know these or other answers people have about God and the things I just simply don’t understand.

Not only do I not understand these things, and many others like …

Why did God give Adam and Eve the power to choose? Why didn’t He hide the truth and the tree from them so they couldn’t sin?

I don’t know and I’m am not accountable to have an answer for those questions.

Deuteronomy 29:29  The LORD our God has secrets known to no one. We are not accountable for them, but we and our children are accountable forever for all that he has revealed to us …

Just like there are things I don’t know, things which belong to God of which I am not accountable, there are some things which I do know and for those things I and my children are accountable.

Here are My Top 3 Knows

1.  I know God loves me.
·        I am a Born-Again Child of Almighty God
·        I have been bought by the blood of Jesus and I am saved.
·        I am on my way to heaven and all the hell in this world can’t stop me.
·        I know God loves me!

2.  I know God has a plan for my life.
·        I am not wandering around aimlessly in this life.
·        God knows me, where I am and even the number of hairs on my head.
·        God calls me by name and leads me by His Holy Spirit.
·        He will never leave me or forsake me.
·        When I am tried, I shall come forth like gold.
·        I know God has a plan for my life.

3.  I know I can trust God with things I do not understand.
·        2 Timothy 1:12  For this reason I also suffer these things; nevertheless I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day.
·        There are some things I don’t know but there are some things I do know and for those I am so thankful.
·        Habakkuk 3
o   17  Though the fig tree may not blossom, Nor fruit be on the vines; Though the labor of the olive may fail, And the fields yield no food; Though the flock may be cut off from the fold, And there be no herd in the stalls — 
o   18  Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.
o   19  The LORD God is my strength; He will make my feet like hind’s feet, And He will make me walk on my high places.
·        Job 19
o   25  For I know that my Redeemer lives, And He shall stand at last on the earth;
o   26  And after my skin is destroyed and worms consume this body, this I know, That in my body I shall see God,
o   27  Whom I shall see for myself, And my eyes shall behold, and not another. How my heart yearns within me!

There are some things we don’t know and, as far as those things which God has reserved to Himself, we are not accountable. We cannot begin to appease the minds or heal the hurts of those who will not trust the Lord above what we are able to explain. Yet there is an anointing that covers the hearts and minds of men and women who will put their trust in the Lord and in His Word. Our goal is to encourage others to trust Him.

As well, there are also some things which we do know, and those things are so precious to us.

Today God is asking you to become accountable for the things which the Lord has revealed to us.
·        Know that He loves you and that He has a plan for your life.
·        Know that you can trust Him with the things you do not understand and things you cannot change or control.
·        Commit your life and your trust to Him until the day of His coming.

There are so many things we do not know … Those are the things we must put in God’s hands and trust Him by trusting His Word. When we trust God, we are able to access the grace of God to accomplish His will and keep His Word. That’s what the end of Deuteronomy says:

29  The LORD our God has secrets known to no one. We are not accountable for them, but we and our children are accountable forever for all that He has revealed to us, so that we may obey all the terms of these instructions.

… so that we may perform every directive of Torah.

Now, let’s commit ourselves afresh to the one true and living God who knows all, so that we may be able to accomplish all of His Word and Will for our lives. I don’t want to live with any trust issues concerning Almighty God.

Note: Torah is the divine set of instructions contained in the first 5 books of the Bible, called the Pentateuch, handed down by Moses. The Hebrew word, torah, means teachings, instructions or law. It is understood by Jewish Rabbis to be much broader than the written law and is the substance of divine revelation to Israel including oral teachings and instructions given by God through the priests and teachers aimed at guiding a child of God to walk in His will.