Wednesday, October 24, 2018

The Wonderful World of Women


Gtcotr/ws102418

Judges 5:25  He asked for water, she gave milk; She brought out cream in a lordly bowl.

Rebecca 2000 BC – Daughter of Bethuel; Wife to Isaac; Mother to Jacob.
·        A hard worker willing to get her hands dirty to help strangers.
Genesis 24: 19  And when she had finished giving him a drink, she said, “I will draw water for your camels also, until they have finished drinking.”

Jael 1300 BC – Wife to Heber the Kenite; Great granddaughter to Jethro.
·        She had a plan and seized her opportunity to destroy her enemies.
Judges 5:25  He asked for water, she gave milk; She brought out cream in a lordly bowl.

Abigail 1000 BC – Former wife of Nabal; Wife to David the King.
·        Made a bold decision to stand in the gap for her family and friends.
1 Samuel 25
24  So she fell at his feet and said: “On me, my lord, on me let this iniquity be! And please let your maidservant speak in your ears, and hear the words of your maidservant.”
28  “Please forgive the trespass of your maidservant. For the LORD will certainly make for my lord an enduring house, because my lord fights the battles of the LORD, and evil is not found in you throughout your days.”

Queen Esther 475 BC – Orphaned girl raised by her cousin Mordechai.
·        Counted the costs and embraced her destiny. Only she could do it …
Esther 4:16  “Go, gather all the Jews who are present in Shushan, and fast for me; neither eat nor drink for three days, night or day. My maids and I will fast likewise. And so I will go to the king, which is against the law; and if I perish, I perish!”

Mary 6 BC – A young girl from the town of Nazareth; Mother of Jesus.
·        Fully committed to the calling of God on her life … impossible faith!
Luke 1:38  Then Mary said, “Behold the maidservant of the Lord! Let it be to me according to your word.” And the angel departed from her.