Saturday, August 19, 2017

Rubbish

Gtcotr/ss081317

Philippians 3  NJKV
7  But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ.
8  Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ
9 ¶  and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith;
10  that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death,
11  if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.
12  Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.
13  Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead,
14  I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

1.  I am not saved because I gave my life to Jesus. I am saved because He gave His life for me.

2.  Faith is not about what I can get God to give me but about what God can get me to give Him.
a.   Will you give God your problems – marriage – money – relationships – etc, and trust Him.
b.   Faith is about giving it to God and trusting Him with the results.

3.  There is room for only one number one in my life.
a.   If Jesus is Number One, pleasing God will come first in my life.
b.   There is always something I can do to please God in every situation.

c.   When we please God, He becomes responsible for the consequences and the outcome.