Open your Bibles or follow along with me on the screens behind me as I read from Colossians 1. Here the scriptures are talking about God as we read:
Matthew 4:23 ¶ And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease among the people.
Matthew 9:35 ¶ Then Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.
Matthew 24:14 "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.
Mark 16:15 And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.
6 ¶ I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel,
7 which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed.
9 As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.
Revelation 14:6 ¶ Then I saw another angel flying in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach to those who dwell on the earth — to every nation, tribe, tongue, and people —
The first time in the Bible where the Gospel is proclaimed, Jesus is preaching it. The last time in the Bible where the Gospel is proclaimed, an angel is preaching it … but all in between – we, the saints are preaching it.
It is of great concern however that many Churches have gotten away from presenting the clear Gospel of Jesus Christ to the individuals and families who attend Sunday morning services each week. Make no mistake: The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the foundation of the family, the nation and indeed the world.
Some might contend with that statement but it is true nonetheless.
The forefathers of our great nation realized that they could build on no other foundation than that which they laid firmly upon the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It only takes a little research to find the truth about the Gospel convictions of the founding fathers of the United States of America.
It is sad to imagine that many people who sit in Churches across America and indeed around the world no longer have a firm grasp on the message of the Gospel. When asked to share the Gospel of Jesus, many simply cannot clearly describe what the Word of God plainly teaches.
In the next few minutes I am going to attempt to state the Gospel of Jesus Christ in a clear and concise manner which I hope will be memorable to everyone listening. The Gospel is not a new concept and I have nothing new to say about it. I am only repeating what many before me have said.
It is my goal tonight to put the truth of the Gospel in words which are easy for you to remember and easy for you to repeat. The Apostle Paul said:
“I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ for it is the power of God unto salvation unto all who believe …” (Romans 1:16) Paul said this because his whole life was given to sharing this Good News Message. We too are called to be ambassadors of Christ. However, it is difficult for anyone to share something cannot describe.
So, here is The Gospel of Jesus Christ in 4 Easy Steps:
- Jesus lived a life we could not live.
- Jesus died a death we should have died.
- Jesus rose to give us a life we could never have otherwise.
- Jesus is the only way, the only truth and the only life.
Let’s break this down …
- Jesus lived a life we could not live
- He lived a sinless life
- Romans 7:14ff; 8:3; Galatians 2:21
- Mankind needs a Savior
- John 3:7 … You must be born again.
- Jesus died a death we should have died.
- He died a sinner’s death
- Isaiah 53; Romans 3:23; 6:23
- He paid the debt I clearly owed
- Jesus rose to give us a live we could never have otherwise
- No other religion can lay claim to a risen Savior
- There is no historical debate if Jesus lived and died
- The question of Deity is The Resurrection
- Jesus rose to give us a powerful and victorious life
- Jesus is the only way, the only truth and the only life
- There is no other way
- We must be Jesus specific
- Anything else is not the Gospel and cannot save
- This is the Gospel clearly taught in the Bible.
- This is the Gospel upon which our nation was founded.
- This is the Gospel that was from the beginning. (Ephesians 1:4; Hebrews 4:3; 1 Peter 1:19&20; Revelation 1:13 – Before the foundation of the world)
- This is the Gospel which has the power of salvation for everyone who believes.
- This is the Gospel we must embrace and proclaim.
- This is the Gospel we must teach our children and our children’s children … it the only way, the only truth and the only life!
Jesus lived a life we could not live, He died a death we should have died, He rose to give us a life we could not have otherwise, and He alone is the way, the truth and the life … He is the only way to God!