Sunday, February 16, 2014

Family Relationships Relationship Responsibilities

gtcotr/ss021614

Responsible = Response-Able … If you are able, you may be responsible!

1 John 3:17 If someone has enough money to live well and sees a brother or sister in need but shows no compassion—how can God’s love be in that person?

Contrary to the Chinese government and the Three Self Patriot Church’s current propaganda campaign, there is still a desperate shortage of bibles available to the common Chinese Christian today. In decades past I have smuggled Bibles into Mainland Communist China to be used by the leadership of the growing house Church movement. I have gone by myself on my own and even with a group of 11 people from this Church.

Once we delivered more than 2000 Bibles to leaders of House Churches which averaged 500 members each. These Believers were in remote villages and had never had the privilege of seeing, let alone holding, reading from or hearing someone else read from a bible personally. These representative 1,000,000 Chinese Christians lives were changed from that single trip we made from our Church, through Hong Kong and on into the Chinese interior.

Don’t believe the propaganda – Bibles are still desperately needed and desperately valued. Watch this:

(Production Note: I will cue the China Bible Video after I get to the platform and exhort for a moment.)

Thank God someone cared and gave their time, their attention and their money to make these Bibles available to our Chinese Brothers and Sisters in Christ. The Believers in this video are a part of our family. I love to see my family so happy and blessed.

(Production Note: Here I will refer to last summer and my Moore Oklahoma experience. I will cue this FB post to come up on the screen.)

Comment: Kathryn Moomey - Pastor Ron Hammonds, I want to thank you for coming to me in the Wal-Mart parking lot in Moore, OK last Summer 2013. That day changed my life. God used you to come to me & you read me like a book. I just want to thank you again!! Our Heavenly Father has been making many changes not only in my life, but in my family's lives. Our God has something mighty in store for us! Mold me & make me more like you Lord!! I praise & magnify your name!! I feel 1 day we will get to meet again face to face, Pastor Ron, & I would love to tell you my testimony in greater detail. Have a beautiful day & God bless you!!
Saturday, February 15 @ 7:57am

God knows what each of His children needs and God wants to meet those needs … can He depend on you to care and to share? You make the difference. --- Are You Response-Able?

James 2
14 What good is it, dear brothers and sisters, if you say you have faith but don’t show it by your actions? Can that kind of faith save anyone?
15 Suppose you see a brother or sister who has no food or clothing,
16 and you say, “So long, have a good day; stay warm and eat well”—but then you don’t give that person any food or clothing. What good does that do?
17 So you see, faith by itself isn’t enough. Unless it produces good deeds, it is dead and useless.

There is a Basic Bible Blueprint for Family Relationships. In the last three weeks we have discussed the Family Roles; the Family Rules; The Family Rights; and today we will re-discover our Family Responsibilities. To begin, turn with me to the book of beginnings – Genesis, chapter 4. Catch up on the story:

Genesis 4:9 Then the LORD said to Cain, “Where is Abel your brother?" He said, "I do not know. Am I my brother’s keeper?”

The answer from heaven is “Yes!” Has God made you response-able?


(Note: Hebrews 12:24 - Jesus’ blood speaks better things than did Abel’s)