Our Key Scriptures are taken today from the Book of the Prophets, specifically the Prophet Micah.
6 With what shall I come before the LORD, And bow myself before the High God? Shall I come before Him with burnt offerings, With calves a year old?
7 Will the LORD be pleased with thousands of rams, Ten thousand rivers of oil? Shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, The fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?
Key Scripture: Micah 6:8 He has shown you, O man, what is good; And what does the LORD require of you But to do justly, To love mercy, And to walk humbly with your God?
We have come a long way together, studied the Word of God and discovered truths and principles which every Believer should know from God’s Holy Word. Now we are quickly drawing to the close of these Life Shape lessons and it behooves us to draw some conclusions from our many weeks of study.
Merely hearing the Word of God and the doctrines of Christ are not enough to transform us into the people God wants and needs us to be. Rather we must harness ourselves to believe, embrace and live the Word of God. People around us need to see those who claim to know Jesus living the life of a Believer in the face of the daily challenges which come to everyone. The world hates a hypocrite but they use every means available to them to tempt the Christian in efforts to make them compromise.
I have found 5 principles of life that seem to endure. If we will remember these things we will be encouraged to stay on the right track. Life is still a choice and failure is forgivable however, it is better to live victorious over temptations of life instead of recovering from them. So, keep these things in mind while you continue on your journey. They are not law but they are tried and true principles of life.
1. What we say will be said.
2. What we do will be known.
3. What we believe will be tested.
4. What we compromise to keep we will lose.
5. The journey is our friend.
It is the journey that prepares us for destiny. At each juncture in life we are offered the opportunity to turn towards God. In every high moment and in every low moment we find a pathway that will keep us walking in the direction of God’s will. There is no temptation, test, trial or tribulation we face in life without God being right there with us, speaking to us, comforting us and offering us guidance. God sees our potential and shines His light on our way. He will never leave us nor will He ever forsake us.
Together, during these LifeShape lessons, we have discovered how:
· God created us and everything we needed from things which did not previously exist.
· The devil subtly tempted Eve and made her believe it was ok to disobey God’s Word and do her own thing.
· Sin separates man from man; separates man from God’s temporal blessings; and separates man from his eternal purpose.
· Eternal forgiveness requires a perfect sacrifice.
· God so loved the world He gave His only begotten Son and whoever believes on Him shall never perish but have eternal life.
· We are saved by grace through faith and that not of ourselves, it is a gift of God not of works lest any man should boast.
· Grace only demands we believe and receive.
· When we accept and receive Jesus, God accepts and receives us.
· God’s children are granted access to Him through prayer.
· The Holy Spirit lives in Born Again Believers with power to be a witness.
· God places every person in a Church family according to His need and will.
· Every Christian is expected and encouraged to grow up and take on a personal responsibilities for the health and growth of the Church.
· Each Church is responsible to accomplish the Great Commission through world evangelism and continued discipleship.
· The same Jesus who ascended will come again and receive the Church unto Himself to be with Him forever.
· A great 7 year tribulation period will come upon the earth as judgment from God.
· Jesus will lead His armies of saints and angels to defeat the antichrist at the battle of Armageddon.
· Satan will be bound for a thousand years.
· Jesus will set up His Kingdom and reign in Jerusalem as King of the whole earth for a thousand years.
· Satan will be loosed for a short time to deceive the nations and gather them to a final battle against Jesus the Messiah.
· God will intervene, bind and cast satan, his angels, death and hell along with all whose names are not written in the Lamb’s Book of Life once and for all eternity into the lake of fire which will burn forever and ever.
· The heavens and the earth will be consumed and utterly destroyed and the elements will melt with a fervent heat and there will be no more sea. The earth will be without form and void and darkness will cover the face of the deep.
· God will create a new heaven and a new earth wherein dwells righteousness. He and His Son will live on the earth with man and there will be no more crying, pain, sickness or death.
· This is eternity.
What more shall we say to these things? In conclusion of these matters I am compelled to call to mind the scripture which says:
13 That’s the whole story. Here now is my final conclusion: Fear God and obey his commands, for this is everyone’s duty.
14 God will judge us for everything we do, including every secret thing, whether good or bad.
1. Do justly
2. Love mercy
3. Walk humbly
4. Obey God
5. Keep His commands