Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Doctrine One God

Gtcotr/ws100610

There is only one God. He is the Creator of the universe. All life along with every object in the universe was formed by Him. There was never a time before God and there will be no time after Him. He is all powerful, all knowing, and ever present. He is kind, loving, gracious, merciful, forgiving and faithful. His Word is Truth.

Since the creation of man and the Garden of Eden, others have claimed to be God or to be messengers of another God. These are but factious representations, demonically inspired non-deities, which are brought on the scene to serve the will of satan and divide mankind from the Creator.

God, the One True Living God, wants you to know the difference between the real and the imposter, between the one who loves you and those who only want to use you, confuse you, abuse you and ultimately destroy you. God loves you and wants to love others through you. He is not a cow; He is not the sun; He is not the wind, the water or the fire; He is not mother earth or a sense of enlightenment … He is our Father, God.

His name is not Allah, and Mohammad is not his prophet; His name is not the Lord Maitreya and he is not the Buddha to come; His name is not Brahma, the deva of creation, and Manu is not his son, nor the progenitor of all Hindus or the great grandsire of all humans; His name is not Satnam and Guru Nanak, the first guru of the Sikhs, born in 1469, is not his divine authority. He did not send Chaitanya with the Maha Mantra, nor did He send Moroni in 1823 to Joseph Smith with golden tablets, or choose Reverend Sun Yun Moon as His representative to introduce some new revelation. And, by the way, neither does He call, anoint, or appoint everyone who calls themselves apostles and prophets to the church in these last days.

In each generation Satan has attempted to deceive mankind by introducing other factious gods, enlightened prophets, or promised messiahs. From Theudas and then Judas of Galilee in the days before Christ, (Acts 5:36), to Bab and his followers in the 1850’s; From the Japanese acceptance of the Emperor’s Deity prior to the end of WWII, to that country’s most current religious movement, “Happy Science”, founded in 1986 by Ryuho Okawa, who claims to channel the spirits of Mohammad, Buddha, Confucius, and Jesus Christ, (I guess he is trying to corner the market), further holding himself to be the incarnation of, “El Cantare”, the supreme spiritual being.

People from all walks of life, from every country, in each generation have just gone crazy in their attempts to invent, create, channel, dream up some new god or some new religion, including atheism which makes man supreme. This new “Happy Science” religion with “El Cantare” as its god has spread to include an International Headquarters office located in central Tokyo. And, they support six Local Temples (located in London, New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seoul, and Taiwan) and 37 local offices distributed around the world, including India, Bulgaria and Uganda.

What do they do? What do they believe? What do they want? Well, it seems that they have started a new political party in Japan, the Happiness Realization Party … I guess they want happiness and they are willing to do just about anything to get it. That’s about as bad as the current American cult followers of Aleister Crowley and his satanically inspired book, “777”, in which he encourages his followers to “do what thou wilt.” They just come right out and say that they are following satan – no need for a middle man to mess up the religion for these people.

Tell me, which one of these gods made you? Which one formed you in your mother’s womb, gave command as to when you would be born, watched you grow and has prepared a place for you to live forever after you pass from this earth? On which god will you risk eternity?

This evening I want to share Three Truths with you upon which I am betting my eternity and upon which you can also trust. It’s time to get serious …

1. There is One God – The “I Am” of the Bible.

Revelation 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

2. He has One Son, Messiah of the Jews, Savior of the World – Jesus of Nazareth.

When God wanted us to know Him, He sent His Son to show us the Father.

John 3:16 God so loved the world, that He gave His Only Son; and whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.

3. God is watching, working, and waiting.

Psalms 139 NLT
1 O LORD, you have examined my heart
and know everything about me.
2 You know when I sit down or stand up.
You know my thoughts even when I’m far away.
3 You see me when I travel
and when I rest at home.
You know everything I do.
4 You know what I am going to say
even before I say it, LORD.
5 You go before me and follow me.
You place your hand of blessing on my head.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too great for me to understand!
7 ¶ I can never escape from your Spirit!
I can never get away from your presence!
8 If I go up to heaven, you are there;
if I go down to the grave, you are there.
9 If I ride the wings of the morning,
if I dwell by the farthest oceans,
10 even there your hand will guide me,
and your strength will support me.
11 I could ask the darkness to hide me
and the light around me to become night—
12 but even in darkness I cannot hide from you.
To you the night shines as bright as day.
Darkness and light are the same to you.
13 You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body
and knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!
Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.
15 You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion,
as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.
16 You saw me before I was born.
Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
Every moment was laid out
before a single day had passed.
17 ¶ How precious are your thoughts about me, O God.
They cannot be numbered!
18 I can’t even count them;
they outnumber the grains of sand!
And when I wake up,
you are still with me!
19 O God, if only you would destroy the wicked!
Get out of my life, you murderers!
20 They blaspheme you;
your enemies misuse your name.
21 O LORD, shouldn’t I hate those who hate you?
Shouldn’t I despise those who oppose you?
22 Yes, I hate them with total hatred,
for your enemies are my enemies.
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 Point out anything in me that offends you,
and lead me along the path of everlasting life.

What other God, were there one, could be so loving, so kind, so merciful and yet powerful? It was He who formed you in the womb and knew you before you came forth. To Him do I ascribe my allegiance and pledge myself to love what He loves and hate what He hates.

I know that He is watching me and everyone else, from the moment of conception; I know that He is working in each situation and every circumstance of life to bring about His will and determination; I know that He is waiting until the time He has predetermined best to bring about the close of this age and the final judgment of all creation.

I know that He does not depend on me, but rather I on Him. He alone is God and all other religions, every teaching and each one who claims to be sent from Him must face the test of His Word. There is no other way.

Do not be deceived in these days or in generations to come. There is One God, the “I Am” of the Bible. He alone is our Creator, He alone is our Father and He alone is God. Embrace no other!