Wednesday, June 11, 2003

Selecting The Harvest & Planting The Seed

gtcotr/ws061103

Turn To: Genesis 17

Last Wednesday Evening

There Is A Seed For Every Need

Galatians 6:9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

We talked about:

The Law Of ‘After Its Kind’

Genesis 1

Kingdom Realities

Mark 4 as if a man should cast seed into the ground

We Are The Garden Of God

1Corinthians 3:9

The Word Of God Is Seed

Mark 4:14 The Sower Soweth The Word

John 14:10 … the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

Certified Seed

Isaiah 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Fertilized Seed

Romans 10:17 So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.

We Ended The Night At:

Philemon 6 That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.

Tonight We Continue With:

Selecting The Harvest & Planting The Seed

I. Genesis 17 God Selects The Harvest & Plants The Seed

1 ¶ And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

2 And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.

3 And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying,

4 ¶ As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.

5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

6 And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.

A. Abraham - ‘Father Of A Multitude’

B. Isaiah 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

1. prosper - succeed

2. accomplish - do the work necessary

II. Genesis 1: God Selects The Harvest & Plants The Seed

1 ¶ In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 ¶ And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

6 ¶ And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

9 ¶ And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.

11 And God said,

14 ¶ And God said,

20 ¶ And God said,

24 ¶ And God said,

26 ¶ And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion …

III. Numbers 14 Man Selects The Harvest & Plants The Seed

26 And the LORD spake unto Moses and unto Aaron, saying,

27 How long shall I bear with this evil congregation, which murmur against me? I have heard the murmurings of the children of Israel, which they murmur against me.

28 Say unto them, As truly as I live, saith the LORD, as ye have spoken in mine ears, so will I do to you:

29 Your carcases shall fall in this wilderness; and all that were numbered of you, according to your whole number, from twenty years old and upward, which have murmured against me,

30 Doubtless ye shall not come into the land, concerning which I sware to make you dwell therein, save Caleb the son of Jephunneh, and Joshua the son of Nun.

IV. Christians Admonished Concerning Selecting The Harvest & Planting Seed

A. Mark 11

22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.

B. Romans 4:17 ¶ (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.

C. Genesis 1:3 ‘It ain’t dark!’

D. Mark 11

23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

25 And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.

26 But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.

E. Proverbs 18

20 ¶ A man’s belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth; and with the increase of his lips shall he be filled.

21 ¶ Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

V. Matthew 12 A Hard Saying

30 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

A. v.37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

B. v.36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

C. v.35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

D. v.34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

E. v.33 Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.

F. v.32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

G. v.31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

H. v.30 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.