History is the study of the past, particularly how it relates to humans. (W)
· In the beginning God created and ordered the heavens and the earth.
· God made Adam in His own image and then God fashioned Eve from Adam’s rib to be Adam’s wife and the mother of all mankind.
· The devil tempted Eve to disobey God’s Word and the resulting sin separated man from God.
· God swore to punish the devil for this deed and God offered a way for man to be forgiven and restored to right relationship with Him.
· God chose a man and his descendants through whom He would work to bring about this salvation to fallen mankind.
· For 4,000 years God worked His plan of redemption promising a Savior would come and forever destroy the works of the devil.
· During the interim God granted special provision for the temporary relief from the effects of sin by allowing the sacrificial blood of bulls and goats to temporarily cover sin.
· Inspired prophets spoke by the Spirit of God and foretold of a Messiah who would be born of a virgin in the town of Bethlehem.
· This Messiah would be called Immanuel and would be both the Lamb of God and the Lion of Judah. He would be offered as a pure sacrifice and then be raised as the eternal King of all Kings.
· 2000 years ago these prophecies were fulfilled when the Virgin Mary gave birth to the Son of God, Jesus, the Christ, God Incarnate.
· Jesus lived a sinless life, died an atoning death and was raised from the dead on the 3rd day victorious over sin, death, hell and the grave.
· After His resurrection Jesus commissioned all Believers to go throughout the world proclaiming this Good News Gospel.
· The followers of Jesus were all filled with the Holy Spirit of God and began witnessing and establishing Churches at home and around the world according to their Great Commission.
· Throughout history, beginning with Moses and ending with the Apostle John, God ordained and inspired men to record, compile and preserve His Word for all generations to come.
· The Holy Bible is that very Word of God and it tells only One Story … His Story. It is the most read, the most copied, the most recorded, the most preached, the most proclaimed, the most practiced and the most repeated writings ever to be known in the history of the world.
· God so loved the world that He gave His Only Begotten Son. We love Him because He first loved us. God demonstrated His love for us in that while we were yet sinners, Jesus died for the ungodly.
· Jesus is now seated at the right hand of the Father God awaiting the appointed time to return in the clouds and gather the saved from the earth as a farmer gathers the ripened fruit of his field.
· This will happen suddenly and without warning.
· There is no other name given among men whereby we can be saved except the name of Jesus. He is the only way.
· Today if you will simply believe His Story and call upon the name of Jesus, God will forgive your sins and save your soul.
Ephesians 3 NKJV
14 ¶ For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
15 from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man,
17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, (love is the expression of God, not … man)
18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height —
19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,
21 to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.
Jude 1 NKJV
24 Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, And to present you faultless Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy,
25 To God our Savior, Who alone is wise, Be glory and majesty, Dominion and power, Both now and forever. Amen.
God Is Able Both Now and Forever … He Alone Is Wise!