A familiar Psalm by David who knew trouble but also knew his God.
We have recently seen evil physically manifested on an unprecedented scale the likes of which have never before been experienced by the generations who currently occupy the earth. Our world is in great trouble yet God is on His throne, He has a plan and we have an integral part to play in this plan.
Our prayer is not always “Lord, get me out” but often “Father, keep me in."
By “keep” I do not mean hold my feet to the fire or please don’t deliver me, but rather, “stay with me and give me victory in the midst of my troubles, my trials and my tribulations.” “keep me in the tribulation”
Larry Meyers, my friend and Christian brother who is the founder of Mexico Ministries, humbly and with firm resolve prays this earnest prayer: “If you heal me Lord, I will enjoy it, and if you heal me not, I will endure it.”
In other words: If you fix these things God we will enjoy it but if you fix them not, we will endure it. If things get better I will enjoy it but if things get worse, I will endure it. Whatever comes, we will soldier on …
Jesus hoped His close followers would muster the courage and strength to continue in faith beyond the personal and corporate hardships He knew they would face. During the last few days of Jesus’ earthly ministry we find Him sitting on the Mount of Olives talking with His disciples.
Matthew 24 NKJV
3 Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, "Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?"
4 ¶ And Jesus answered and said to them: "Take heed that no one deceives you.
· Deception runs rampant today with the world dominated social media and news outlets. We have gotten to the place where the youth of our nation can’t afford to believe anything they see or hear … the capabilities of modern technology far out-advantage the truth.
· Children are raised and educated in our schools these days without the foundation of the Word of God. Our generations who will be taking the reins of our nation have been left without the benefit of owning a solid Biblical World View. To many, truth is relative.
· Satan and his appointed leaders of this world’s system will say anything it takes, utter every falsehood, swear to any untruth and declare lie after lie in strategic attempts to achieve their goals which include the total destruction of everything that is good and wholesome and dependable and true.
· Deceiving spirits dominate the classrooms and boardrooms of America and the whole world is following our lead straight to hell.
· The worst atrocities ever known to mankind are being perpetrated against the young, the unprotected and the innocent, all in the name of freedom and religion. No wonder our children are confused.
· If it were not for the Church of the Living God and congregations like ours who still hold to the unchanging Word of Almighty God, there would be no hope. 2000 years ago Jesus our Lord declared:
5 "For many will come in My name, saying, ’I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many.
6 "And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
7 "For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places.
8 "All these are the beginning of sorrows.
9 "Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake.
10 "And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another.
11 "Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many.
12 "And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.
13 "But he who endures to the end shall be saved.
14 "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.
What can we do … What must we do to possess enduring faith? Here are 5 Basics of Life in the 21st Century.
1. Refuse to believe what the world has to say about anything.
a. Money is their God and you are their mark.
2. Embrace, maintain, and defend an unwavering Biblical World View.
3. Prepare yourself to pay some personal price for your beliefs.
4. Keep the love of Christ as the motivation for everything you do.
5. Openly support the advance of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and ensure it begins at home.
The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the only power to save. Jesus is not just another way, He is the only way. There is but one Son and but one Savior … Jesus of Nazareth who was:
· Born of a Virgin
· Lived a sinless life
· Died an atoning death
· Raised to life on the 3rd day
· Is seated beside His Heavenly Father
· Is coming again to gather His saints at the end of this age
· His blood and only His blood can pay the eternal debt of sin
· If you recognize that you need a Savior and
· If you repent of your sins and turn your life over to Christ and
· If you receive Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior
· You will be Born Again as an eternal child of Almighty God
It is that simple, it is that certain and it is that secure … and … you can do it right now!
Why do you wait – give your heart to God the Father through Jesus Christ His Son and the Holy Spirit will come into your heart and save your soul.