The Integrity Of God’s Word
Tonight I want to let the scriptures speak for themselves. So, lets walk through the word together and survey the subject: The Integrity of God’s Word.
Key Scripture: Numbers 23:19 God is not a man that He should lie; neither the son of man, that He should repent; hath He said, and shall He not do it? Or hath He spoken, and shall He not make it good? (KJV)
I. Hebrews 6:18 So God has given us both His promise and His oath. These two things are unchangeable because it is impossible for God to lie. Therefore, we who have fled to him for refuge can take new courage, for we can hold on to His promise with confidence. (NLT)
A. Not only is it impossible for God to lie, it is also impossible for us to please Him if we don’t believe this … trust in the truth of God.
B. Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. (NKJV)
II. Psalms 89:34 My covenant will I not break, nor alter the word that is gone out of my lips. (NKJV)
A. Malachi 3:6 For I am the Lord, I change not. Therefore you are not consumed, O sons of Jacob. (NKJV)
B. James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with Whom there is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. (KJV)
C. Not only does the Lord keep His word but He also expects those close to Him to keep theirs:
D. Psalms 15 (KJV)
1. Lord, who shall abide in Thy tabernacle? Who shall dwell in Thy holy hill?
2. He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart.
3. He that backbiteth not with his tongue, nor doeth evil to his neighbour, nor taketh up a reproach against his neighbor.
4. In whose eyes a vile person is contemned; but he honoureth them that fear the LORD. He that sweareth to his own hurt, and changeth not. (Psalms 15:4b)
5. He that putteth not out his money to usury, nor taketh reward against the innocent. He that doeth these things shall never be moved. (KJV)
III. John 1
1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2. The same was in the beginning with God.
A. There are 3 that agree in heaven
1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, The Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. (KJV)
B. Psalms 138:2b For Thou hast magnified Thy word above all Thy name. (KJV)
1. If at the name of Jesus every knee bows, Philippians 2:10, and the Word is exalted and magnified above all His name … then …
2. Then every knee will bow to the Word of God, even, I believe, when spoken by the children of God in faith.
It’s like, if all the promises of God are in Christ Jesus, yes and amen (2 Corinthians 1:20)
… and Jesus is in you (Colossians 1:27)
… then, all of the promises of God are in you, in the Christ in you that is, yes and Amen.
Perhaps this is what is meant by the scripture which says, Christ in you, the hope of glory.
Our faith becomes effective by acknowledging every good thing which is in us in Christ. (Philemon 1:6)
IV. The Word of God Has Purpose
10 For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven, And do not return there, But water the earth, And make it bring forth and bud, That it may give seed to the sower And bread to the eater,
11 So shall my word be that goes forth from My mouth; it shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.
A. This is the reason we must
1. Read the Word
2. Study the Word
3. Memorize the Word
4. Meditate the Word
5. Share the Word
B. The Word of God is True, Living and Powerful
1. Hebrews 4:12 The Word is quick and powerful …
2. John 17:17 … Thy word is truth
3. Acts 20:32 The word is able to build us up and give us an inheritance
4. Psalms 119:105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet …
5. Psalms 119:11 Thy word have I hid in my heart …
V. David’s Take On The Word
A. Psalms 19
7 The law of the Lord is perfect converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.
8 The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes.
9 The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring for ever; the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
10 More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than the honey and the honeycomb.
11 Moreover by them is Thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward.
B. Psalms 119:89 For ever, O Lord, Thy word is settled in heaven.