The Gospel Of Christ
Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
(Ashamed: 111 times in AV - Comes in many forms)
Ashamed & Apologetic (Aaron, the High Priest; King Saul)
* We cannot presume to apologize for how the bible says God feels about sin. ( Christianity is not a popularity contest ) Deception!
Ashamed & Embarrassed (We are watchmen on a wall Eze 33:1-9)
* We should not let timidity drive us into silence while people are lost and on their way to a sinner’s hell … we have their ticket to heaven in our heart. (Hebrews 10:35 frank; bold; clear; out spoken)
Ashamed & Angry (Peter when & after he cursed & denied Jesus)
* The Gospel of Christ tells the story as God wants it told. Without consideration as to how you or others may like it. The word of God, each and every syllable, contains the power to set people free. God’s will was best no matter how it personally affected Peter.
Note: Fourfold salvation: saved from the penalty, power, presence and most importantly the pleasure of sin. (A.W. Pink)
* Perhaps you or someone you know has been hurt by …
> A Christian; Church; Preacher; Religious Experience …
* Misdirected Anger
* Only Jesus can satisfy your soul.
Ashamed & Afraid (Queen Ester a Jew & Afraid Ester 4:14 )
Mark 8:38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.
(Proverbs 29:25 the fear of man; Joshua 1:9 Don’t be afraid)
Come once again to the cross - The Gospel of Christ is the power to deliver you from your deception, your anger, timidity or fears.
Proverbs 25:25 As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news …
(Good News refreshes the mind and strengthens the heart)
Romans 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed, (communicated), from faith to faith … (from Him to you)
This is The Gospel of Christ, according to the Holy Scriptures
* God created mankind, the universe and all therein.
* Adam, the father of all mankind, tempted by Satan, sinned by choice and separated himself and his offspring from God.
* God established an interim link with mankind through yearly sacrifices for sin and daily duties of the law until the chosen time to make one perfect and final sacrifice for all sin forever.
* In the fullness of time God sent His Only Begotten Son, Jesus, to become flesh, defeat sin and redeem mankind from its curse.
* Jesus was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, died an atoning death, was resurrected by the power of the Holy Spirit, spoiled the enemy and took the keys to death and hell, was received into heaven, now makes intercession for the saints and is coming again to take His Bride and lock up all His enemies forever.
* Whosoever believes this Gospel, turns from their sin unto Christ and calls upon Him to become Eternal Lord and Savior, shall be forgiven of their sins, born again and granted everlasting life.
* Once saved, each Christian bears the responsibility to be a witness for Christ in word and deed according to the doctrines of the Gospel in Holy Scripture while expecting His return in the clouds of Glory at any moment.
Renew your commitment to believe, live and share ---
The Gospel of Christ, it is the power of God and will save everyone that believes it … Don’t Be Ashamed.